There will be up to two (2) winning recipients annually. Each of these recipients will receive $500.00 toward their post-secondary education for tuition and any related fees.
Scholarship Recipient Eligibility Criteria:
- Reside in Michigan and currently enrolled in a middle school or high school in the state
- Register and attend Michigan Jump$tart Coalition’s next Run for the Money event as a (i) volunteer or (ii) run/walk participant
- Submit a completed application demonstrating ability, initiative and/or achievement involving money management
- Not be a prior Michigan Jump$tart Coalition scholarship recipient or family member of a current Board of Director for the Michigan Jump$tart Coalition
Other Scholarship Guidelines:
- If awarded, scholarship proceeds will be funded to (i) open a MESP 529 plan specific to this scholarship or (ii) the student’s post-secondary school for tuition and any related fees; if a school application or enrollment is pending, the scholarship proceeds will be funded to open a MESP 529 plan
- Wining recipients will be notified directly; scholarship awards will be presented at Michigan Jump$tart Coalition’s annual Run for the Money event in April.
- If an applicant is not an award recipient in a given year, applicants are permitted to apply again in the following cycle (assuming eligibility requirements are still met)
- Applicants authorize Michigan Jump$tart Coalition to use their first name and last Initial, and their answers in the “Tell Us About Yourself” section of this application, on its website and in promotional materials
- Michigan Jump$tart Coalition will never disclose applicant contact information without permission
- Recipients will be expected to update Michigan Jump$tart Coalition, upon request, regarding their progress and how the scholarship has helped further their education
To apply for a Student Scholarship, please fill out the form below. If you have questions about scholarship opportunities, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline for the 2020 award cycle is April 15, 2020.